School of Business Faculty
SFBU's faculty are devoted to their teaching and give personal attention to their students' growth. Many esteemed faculty members have received teaching awards and are recognized leaders and researchers in their subject areas and within related professional organizations. A significant number of faculty members work in high technology, and advise business, governmental, and educational bodies as well as other organizations on a range of matters.
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, San Jose State University, CA, 1998
- B.S., Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, San Francisco State University, CA, 1989
- California State University- East Bay
- Ohlone College
- University of Phoenix
- Product marketing and positioning, e-commerce, strategic marketing.
- Degree of Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1992
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, Finance, Santa Clara University, CA, 2001
- M.A., Master of Arts, Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, 1981
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Physics, University of California, San Diego, CA, 1979
- Gooch and Housego
- Maxim Integrated
- Amalfi Semiconductor
- Tessera, Inc.
- Semiconductor physics, RF/microwave design, product management, finance
- D.B.A., Doctor of Business Administration, San Francisco Bay University, CA, 2013
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, Chadwick University, AL, 1996
- B.S., Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Biola University, CA, 1990
- E&E Co., Ltd
- Dover Technologies
- Centrify Corporation
- Accounting, payroll services, human resources management
Dean, School of Business; Co-Chair, General Studies
Because of Jim's love for training, Jim decided to try teaching, and became an instructor at UC Santa Cruz and UC Berkeley Extension programs. He then became the UC Berkeley Extension Director for the Business, Technology, and Engineering portfolio, because he wanted to help students gain practical experience and real-world skills. As the Director, he explored opportunities to collaborate with NPU. Knowing that SFBU's values closely aligned with his, Jim started teaching at SFBU in 2013. His corporate and teaching experience, along with his undergraduate and graduate education, make him an outstanding leader and academic Dean of the School of Business and Co-Chair of SFBU's General Studies.
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, California State University - East Bay, CA, 1983
- B.S., Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic University, MA, 1981
- UC Berkley Extension
- UC Santa Cruz
- Marketing management, product and project management, new business development, computer networks, communication engineering, Unix/Linux systems, cloud computing.
- Ed.D Candidate, Doctor of Education, Organizational Leadership, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 2020
- M.A., Master of Arts, Management, Organizational Leadership, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- California State Teaching Credential #09022629
- Marketing, Consumer Science, Organizational Behavior, and Business Communications
- J.D., Juris Doctor, Law, Rutgers School of Law, NJ, 1998
- M.S., Master of Science, Business Administration, Rutgers School of Business, NJ, 1998
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, History, Rutgers University, NJ, 1992
- Business law, copyright law, business management
Dr. Mariam Ghazvini holds an Ed.D. degree from USC, a Master’s degree in Counseling from Santa Clara University, and a Master’s degree in Education from San Jose State University. She is a Professional Mentor, Coach, and Distinguished Toastmaster. Her favorite areas of research and teaching include Successful Approaches to Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Management Tactics, and Human Resources Management.
- Ed.D., Doctor of Education, University of Southern California, CA, 1997
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, San Francisco Bay University, CA, 2014
- M.A., Master of Arts, Counseling, Santa Clara University, CA, 2004
- M.A., Master of Arts, Higher Education, San Jose State University, 1994
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, San Jose State University, CA, 1983
- XCEO, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Catholic Charities
- Organizational behavior, leadership development, career planning, counseling, communication.
- M.B.A., Marketing Management, Pace University, New York, NY, 1976
- M.E., Chemical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, 1977
- B.E., Chemical Engineering, NIT, Srinagar, India, 1973
- Strategic and tactical analytics, performance improvement, business process redesign, supply chain and operations consulting, enterprise software training, as well as authoring books, including 6 on analytics.
Dr. James Nysather has 30 years of experience in business, startups, and academics, with a special interest in marketing and entrepreneurship. He holds a Doctor of Business Administration degree from San Francisco Bay University and an MBA from the Thunderbird School of Global Management. Courses he likes to teach include business analytics, management, and organizational behavior.
- D.B.A., Doctor of Business Administration, San Francisco Bay University, CA, 2015
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management, AZ, 1999
- B.S., Bachelor of Science, Marketing, St. Cloud State University, MN, 1988
- Global Business Parks, Inc.
- MUTStarcom, Inc.
- Business development, marketing, business management.
Gul Maqsood Sabit
- M.S., Master of Science, Finance and Economics, West Texas A&M University, TX, 2021
- M.P.A., Master of Public Administration, California State University East Bay, CA, 2006
- B.S.B.A., Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Berea College, KY, 1999
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute (PMI), USA. License #2105219
- International finance and banking, strategy and policy development, risk management, accounting, payment systems, compliance, project management
Tahereh (Sonia) Saheb
- Ph.D., Science and Technology Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY, 2015
- M.S., Science and Technology Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY, 2010
- M.A., Communication Studies, Allameh Tabatabayi University, Iran, 2003
- B.A., Communication Studies, Allameh Tabatabayi University, Iran, 2000
- Barriers and enablers of adopting digital technologies including data science and AI at national, enterprise and individual levels, ecommerce, information economics, analytics and evidence-based business models, and strategic transformation
- D.B.A., Doctor of Business Administration, Golden Gate University, CA, 2006
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, History, University of Lucknow, India, 1986
- Golden Gate University
- HSBC Ltd.
- Business development, marketing, finance, strategic management.
- M.S., Computer Engineering, Wright State University, 2016
- B.S., Information Technology, Nagpur University, 2014
- Business analytics, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, AI, yield predicative modeling, and ecommerce behavior